Peter March 6th, 2008
I’ve done a bit more work on the layout this evening. I have been working on Intermodal module A – I’ve finished off the wiring, including wiring the turnout frogs, and have installed one Tortoise motor…unfortunately I have run out of those now, so another trip to the local model shop is imminent – I need 3 more Tortoises for module A.
I also managed to put together the first building for Rochelle Intermodal, an engine shed for the intermodal yard GP38 switchers…
Tomorrow I will sort that track out and install the Digitrax SE8C under the module. Apart from that there is nothing more to do on this module until I get hold of the Tortoise motors, so those will only be installed next week. Once I have done that I can put both modules back up and fully test the wiring and Tortoise motors.
I am contemplating installing local LED’s recessed in the side panel to show the status of the turnouts, along with a basic track diagram for the particular location. Another option is to also add a switch so the Tortoises can be switched from the side panel as well as from the throttle. But still need to think a bit about that one…
Right, that is enough for tonight!
Be sure to look at the Photos page for the latest construction photos. More updates to come soon!
- Layout Construction
- Comments Off