We use cookies on our website to enhance the user experience. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Accept?

Yet another update…

March 6th, 2008

I’ve done a bit more work on the layout this evening. I have been working on Intermodal module A – I’ve finished off the wiring, including wiring the turnout frogs, and have installed one Tortoise motor…unfortunately I have run out of those now, so another trip to the local model shop is imminent – I need 3 more Tortoises for module A.

I also managed to put together the first building for Rochelle Intermodal, an engine shed for the intermodal yard GP38 switchers…

Engine shed for GP38 Obviously I still need to fill all the gaps, then paint and weather it, but it is a start! 🙂 One thing I realised I have to do is to straighten the switcher track – I had originally curved it very slightly, but with the engine shed there a curved track is obviously going to cause problems…

Tomorrow I will sort that track out and install the Digitrax SE8C under the module. Apart from that there is nothing more to do on this module until I get hold of the Tortoise motors, so those will only be installed next week. Once I have done that I can put both modules back up and fully test the wiring and Tortoise motors.

I am contemplating installing local LED’s recessed in the side panel to show the status of the turnouts, along with a basic track diagram for the particular location. Another option is to also add a switch so the Tortoises can be switched from the side panel as well as from the throttle. But still need to think a bit about that one…

Right, that is enough for tonight!

Be sure to look at the Photos page for the latest construction photos. More updates to come soon!

Facebooktwitter